Wednesday 4 August 2010

IT'S MADNESS


Madness 1
    I was supposed to go back hometown last Saturday evening, and of course I did. As I was having a test, the very last test of my current semester, I had no choice but to carry out my plan right after the test ended. In that evening, one friend and I were taking LRT to KL Central then planned to catch a 8.30pm bus at Kuala Lumpur station by taking KTM. We Touch-N-Go at Melati station. At first it was feeling fresh and nice. Air-conditioned. Spacious (but not at the peak hours). We were sitting on the chairs and talking to each other. There was the PA system which stopped our conversation when we reach Damai station. An important announcement. Every passenger is needed to move out from the LRT because the train was supposed to get back to its ordinary station, Gombak.

    Afterwards we were standing and waiting for another train to hop on it. It went for only a short distance, I guess, before another announcement was made from PA system that we needed to move out again at Kampung Baru station for the same lame Reason! Two of us were stuck at the underground station for almost 20 minutes. In the end, we decided to hire a taxi instead of waiting blindly in there. But, there the problem came as there were no taxis waiting nearby that LRT station. None except by cab-calling service. So we walked the exhausting miles on foot and we were so fortunate that we ran into a friendly and informative Malay girl who told us the actual direction to get a taxi for ourselves. Before she walked off she was trying to show her sympathy for us by saying "I know it's madness" and wished us home safely. Perhaps she didn't know our homes are in Penang and it would really take SOME time. lol~
  
    Wandered around the totally unfamiliar places according to her instructions, we finally managed to stop a taxi and got in it. It was already about 8.15pm at that moment so we changed our destination to Jalan Duta instead of the former KTM station (Kuala Lumpur). I should be grateful as fortune fell on us and made us successfully bought two selling-fast tickets which departed at 8.30pm (but that time was already 8.40pm). It was as adventurous as a mock Amazing Race, especially when we were figuring all the way out about the place where we could hire a taxi in that small village.

Madness 2
    I was supposed to go back to KL on Sunday afternoon, after lunch. I managed to catch a Rapid bus and reached Butterworth jetty around 1.40pm. After having a few calls with my friend, I bought two tickets which would be departing at 4.15pm. So, guess what I did there? Nothing much! Just sat down and observed the people of surroundings while talking to my friend, for almost 3 hours and more, like how we talked in the bus the night we went home. Now only I realised that how talkative (or perhaps noisy in the eyes of bystanders) we were as we chatted all the way long until we arrived in Penang. In fact, I could sense that someone was actually glancing at us or maybe our conversation in English was actually overheard by an African-looked guy who sat in front of us.
  
    Back to the unfinished astonishing story of us, we were on board punctually at exact 4.15pm. Anyhow, we had been waiting for NO reason about another one and a half hours in the bus. Oh it's another Madness! The bus started moving around 5.40pm and stopped twice along the journey, for a short while each time. And I actually doubted if they compensated us for the time wasted by turning on the telly and playing us movies for the entire journey. But it didn't even make me feel more delighted or pleased because all were lousy movies! LMAO. A story on a superb and seemed-like-eternal hero Rambo and the disastrous life had. A story about computer-created (so fake) snake-like (or maybe eel-like) monsters hunting for, in all the ways they could, human kinds as food. Bloody, disgusting and nauseous. The next story was 'Shutter' which frightened me by its pale woman ghost/ dead soul but I found it quite educational because the ending was out of my expectation and I learned something which really existed, law of "Karma".

    We were again haunted by madness, when we reached at 11.00pm at Hentian Duta because it was raining drizzly. We walked out of the station once we were dropped to hire any taxi that passes by the main road. We managed to have one and the driver is so nice and 'user-friendly'. At least the atmosphere was harmonious, but not awkwardness with the existence of silence which plays too loud. Sent my friend home first before I got my turn. Girl deserves more security especially at that late at night isn't it? So I ended up reaching my residence place at 11.35pm, safely and in one piece. For the whole night I had always wanted to shout out loud: IT'S MADNESS!! =)

p/s
Another slight madness was about the temporary termination of internet connectivity of my house. And I should say that it was the main purpose I went back hometown last weekend, to settle the long-queued application process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment