Thursday 17 June 2010

Which Dad Will You Be?

    I came across this article in the newspaper MalaysianToday (which is an associate company of The Sun).
WHICH DAD WILL YOU BE?? 
    So, the selected interviewees were actually telling the perfect figure of a father
  • motivates his children, loves them, disciplines them, support them no matter what they're pursuing 
  • becomes catalyst for his children to have good moral values and enable them to drive forward 
  • is always honest 
  • being diplomat instead of dictator when the children are rebellious 
  • possess patience, perseverance, unlimited love, passion, discipline, humour, intellect to be a father 
  • complements the role of a mother, provides the solid foundation to a mother's softer touch 
  • have the qualities of a mother, minus the feminine part 
  • give his children the freedom to make their own mistakes, but not to the extend that they get involved in drugs or alcohol abuse. 
  • being understanding, open-minded, unselfish 
  • realises money does not make a happy family but hope, love, faith and kindness 
  •  flawed but worthy, protective, easy-going 
  • being around and show support when his children need him 
  • being a leader and protector of family 
  • set a good sample for the children to follow 
  • have a strong, irrevocable bond with his children 
  • strong and firm, able to make wise decisions
  • no father is perfect, every father is perfect in his own way 
    Raising a child is complex and there are no moulds or instruction manuals. Do respect your fathers because without them, there would be no existence of you living in this world on earth.

Conclusion: 
    the definition of a "father figure" is subjective to me after my parents had separated about 4 years ago. I've never seen my father again since the day he left. I've sometimes regretted never having talked that much to my father because he is the silent type, and I inherited this character of his. Day after day and time passed away. Perhaps after some time down the line, I'll be growing as a father as well. So I want to be there for my children, for them to eternally have the bond I used to have, for them to know that I'll always be there. And right now, I'm doing this for my younger sisters as well, apart from being their brother, that I know it's hard to grow up without a father guiding them through, but sometimes I would also fail or fear to face the marital fiasco. Chaotic days contaminated my life just like the way the air fogged up the glass. The only difference is that the glass will be as clear as its initial appearance when the vapour fades but my poor heart had already got an irreplaceable wound since then. But there's no more misery I think, on the day when I met my godfather and he stepped in my life to give me strength and tell me "no cry, no worries, my dear son. Everything will be fine." And of course another chapter of The Story begins. Last but not least, I'll choose to be a father with the combination of Brad Pitt (is that him?) and Barack Obama in future. What about yours? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment