Sunday 13 June 2010

Learning outcome

To: Whom it may concern
From: Anonymous, kind soul
Date: 13 June
Subject: Learning progress (review 1)
   
     It's been the 31st day since my arrival in Setapak, KL to further my studies of advanced diploma. The environment here is quite comfortable. (at least it's livable) As what I've mentioned in previous previous (count by yourself XD) post, I've already got used to the kind of "nomadic" life since I was in secondary school. Living isn't a hard thing for me. I adapt to new environment fast. The tendency of my concern falls more on my studies. I was actually suffering from culture shock when I first reached KL main campus. Additionally I was totally dumbfounded, noticing the huge compound of this college. I sweat a lot when I have to shift myself from this location to next destination and the situation stills persist. Things get even worse when it's on a hot sunny day. Just imagine. You're sweating like hell, (as though you're taking shower) then you enter into an air-conditioned room all of a sudden. Repeat it for 3 to 4 times per day. I can't promise anything but I'm sure of the more-than-average probability to fall sick easily.
    Unlike diploma, the lecturers here are giving incomplete notes or accidentally omit some parts so that we can do our own research via internet or library. I confess, diploma was really an act of spoon-feeding and it toughens me when I achieved the level of advanced diploma. Many of my ex-coursemates whom were also from Penang campus said that taking this current course is like headless fly bumps into the wall. Or some are more severe. They called it SUICIDAL! well. I don't agree with those exclamation. This is Advanced Diploma and it will only suit our level if we found it tough. Studying is about lifelong learning. Knowledge is inexhaustible and limitless. Once you reach the sky, you will surely touch the glittering star. 
    
    So, stay competitive and perform our professionalism at all times.We'll be graduating for Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Am I right??
   
    You gotta be: 
  Aggressive. Alert. Agile. 
  Broad-minded. Bo-Kia-Khor
  Creative. Charismatic. Curious. 
  Determined. Dynamic. Delighted. 
  Enthusiastic. Endeavoured. Extraordinary. 
  Functional. Foresighted. Flexible. 
  Generated. Globalised. 
  Hyperactive. Hilarious. High-margin. 
  Initiative. Independent. Incorporated.
  Joker. Jubilant. JaJambo.
  Kiasu. Kiasi. Kiabo
  Lovely. Lame. Lucky.
  Manageable. Marvelous. Moderate. 
  Noble. No-regret. Nostalgic.
  Obedient. Organised. Oh-my-goodness.
  Punctual. Patterned. Patronised.
  Quotable. Questionable. 
  Respectful. Romantic. Repented. 
  Superhero. Sustainable. Superstitious. 
  Talented. Tangible. Task-oriented. 
  Universal. Uniformed. United. 
  Versatile. Volatile. Vaccinated. 
  Wholly-owned. Waxy. Winner. 
  Xerox. Xeric-free. X-rayed. 
  Yippy. Yeah. Yoohoo. 
  Zipped. Zig saw puzzle. Zenith. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

         LO.OK !!
  How to add personal value?? Interested? 
  • Go beyond your job description: Volunteer for projects, Identify problems, Initiate (alternative) solutions 
  • Seek out others and share ideas and advice 
  • Offer your opinions and respect those of others 
  • Take an inventory of your skills every few months 
  • Learn something new Every Week
  • Discover new ways to make a contribution 
  • Engage in active thought and deliberate action 
  • Take risks based on what you know and believe 
  • Recognise, research and pursue opportunity 
  • Differentiate yourself

2 comments:

  1. hi, Choon Teik, so you know how we care about you all in PG campus, ha...ha.... or it could be our mistake to spoon feed you. dont worry i still believe you all can do it. trust me, this is only part of our life, we are human being, can always adapt well to changes. wish you all the best, do send my regards to all my lovely students, looking forward to see you all in the convo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha~Dr.Kang. Nice to hear from you there. Actually gotta thank all PG lecturers that we found ourselves more competent than others in main campus. Proud to say that maybe it's all of your hard work to build the foundation for us. We'll still keep going. with all weapons that you all equipped us. so All the best to you too~ Sorry for this late reply because been really busy for mid-term tests and assignments. hehe^^
    Take care too Dr.Kang! Thanks again *salute*

    ReplyDelete