Sunday 20 September 2009

Homemade food

Right after I was home, I got to eat those homemade food.
It's SSSSSOOOOO delicious!!
haha^^
I have not been home for almost 4weeks.
*might be scolded by uncle as well* lol
Well. I'm gonna share some food I ate few days ago.
I have eaten Paos, Kuih, Bee Hoon, Mooncake & some other cookies.
They are cheaper than those sold in market because my aunt made them by herself.
Alright. I just had chance for shooting these after all.


I was wondering is it too early to have eaten this ^^


Homemade mooncake






Teochew Chai Kuih


Teochew Chai Kuih


Chilli sauce+ chai kuih= matched couple





It's actually a kind of traditional food which made up of flour and garlic chives.

Garlic chives (simplified Chinese: 韭菜; traditional Chinese: 韭菜; pinyin: jiǔcài, also 韮菜) are also known as Chinese chives, Chinese leek, ku chai, jiu cai, Oriental garlic chives or,

in Japanese, nira (kanji: 韮; hiragana: にら; katakana: ニラ);

in Korea known as buchu (부추), sol (솔), or jeongguji (정구지) or

in Vietnamese, hẹ ([hɛ̂ˀ]; chu Nom: 𦵠).

The plant has a distinctive growth habit with strap-shaped leaves[1] unlike either onion or garlic, and straight thin white-flowering stalks that are much taller than the leaves. It grows in slowly expanding perennial clumps, but also readily sprouts from seed. Besides its use as vegetable, it has also attractive flowers.

thanks to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives

No comments:

Post a Comment