Thursday 28 June 2012

Dream

I have a dream
A song to sing
To help me cope
With everything
If you see the wonder
Of a fairy tale
You can take the future
Even if we fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I have a dream
I'll cross the stream


It has come to the moment that I proudly step in the United Kingdom as a post-colonisation commonwealth citizen. I used to dream that I could soar beyond the sky. The first place someone asked me which I wanted to visit the most, the answer would certainly be "Britain". I didn't know much knowledge of her historical trace-back. Neither in the world war nor Renaissance Era. I know William Shakespeare and The Beatles but not in depth. I heard of Queen Elizabeth, King George, King Henry but I couldn't truly immerse in the atmosphere, because I wasn't born at that time.

What makes it great is the memory left behind. People glorify the fame of the Kingdom. People uplift the name of the Kings and Queens. People are proud of being a British citizen. I am proud of the infrastructure Britain had given to us in my own country. She articulated a development vision for us to follow since our independence. I am extremely grateful that I could finally stand on the ground in the UK!! Brits' accents are so mesmerising. Brits are so charming. Brits are so lovely. Brits have the best of it and second to none.

Deeply in love with Union Jack. I just wonder would it be all that I will carry home in September? lol

And now I start to think that's where I belong. But dream would remain as dream. And may it be in dream.

 With Superlamb Banana
 Is contemplating
 Run Run A Raining Day
 Chinatown
 Me in campus
Me on Church St. 

No comments:

Post a Comment